September started well and ended poor. I am currently reading 4 books, none of which is keeping my attention. Hence, I didn’t read the volume of books that I usually do.
I participated in #RYBSAT and #DiverseAThon. During those I read a total of 8 books. They will be the first on the list.
- The Time-Traveling Fashionista on Board the Titanic by Bianca Turetsky 2/5
- Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter 5/5
- United We Spy by Ally Carter 5/5 (it’s over and I’m sad)
- Tempestuous: A Modern-Day Spin on Shakespeare’s The Tempest 4/5
- srsly Hamlet by Courtney Carbone 4/5
- YOLO Juliet by Brett Wright 3/5
- My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows 4.5/5
- What Milo Saw by Virginia MacGregor 4.5/5
- Dubliners by James Joyce 3/5
- Dark Matter by Blake Crouch 4/5
- The Reader by Traci Chee 4/5
- Follow Me by Tiffany Snow 3/5
I’m currently over half way through On Beauty by Zadie Smith. It’s going at a snail’s pace. I started Frankenstein a few days ago, and it, too, is not that exciting. Add to that Great Expectations and a few chunky books that I need to read by the end of the year and I’m feeling a bit bogged down. Hopefully I’ll find some lighter reads that will keep me feeling productive next month. Until next time, everyone!